Enhance your appearance without surgery
For a more youthful appearance without undergoing surgery, dermal fillers (such as hyaluronic acid) may be an effective option. These injections can add youthful volume to the face, lift and enhance the shape of the face, improve the appearance of recessed scars, and smooth out wrinkles. Often called liquid facelifts, they may offer some of the benefits of surgical facelifts without the downtime.
Dermal fillers have many uses, can be tailored to your needs and can be used in conjunction with BOTOX® (called a Soft Lift™). Dr. Dawes uses a number of unique dermal fillers—during your consultation, he will assess your needs and recommend the right treatment plan for you. Your dermal filler formula is ordered on an individual basis, based on his recommendations.
Results from dermal filler treatments can last anywhere from four months to two years. You may require additional injections to achieve desired results.
Areas that can be improved by dermal fillers
Dermal fillers can help to achieve the following:
- Restore brow height
- Improve hollowing (sunken appearance) around temples
- Restore ‘hollowed’ appearance of upper and lower eyelids
- Achieve more pronounced cheek bones
- Restore more-youthful smile lines (nasolabial folds)
- Achieve fuller, more balanced lips
- Correct down-turned mouth corners
- Smooth facial contours
- Improve ‘jowls,’ and restore a more youthful jawline
- Balance chin profile relative to nasal projection
Recovery discomforts and healing times vary depending on the type of dermal filler used, though activities can normally be resumed immediately following treatment. Any tenderness, swelling or bruising will resolve within a few days.
What is hyaluronic acid?
How long does a dermal filler appointment take?
Are treatments painful?
What are the most common side effects of dermal fillers?
How long do dermal fillers last?
- Hyaluronic acid, up to one year
- Collagen injections, usually between three to 12 months
- Semi-permanent fillers, up to two years
- Permanent fillers, indefinitely
Are hyaluronic acid injections reversible?
Who can administer dermal fillers?
- Physicians actively licensed by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners actively licensed by the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta, who are injecting with sufficient education and training in this procedure, and with support from a physician
- Licensed Practical Nurses actively registered with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta who are injecting with additional education and training in this procedure, and with support from a physician
Aestheticians, medical aestheticians and dentists are NOT licensed to administer dermal fillers in Alberta unless they meet the above criteria.